Kent man wins 100k on Coral’s Smart Money Series At The Open
A Coral customer from Kent has won £100,000 with the bookmaker on their free-to-enter Smart Money Series on the Open Championship. The firm has been giving away £1 million this year across 10 different events in a number of multiple-choice format competitions and the latest winner was the only participant to get all 10 questions right.
The answers chosen included the winner of the Open to be European, which was correct following Shane Lowry’s victory at Royal Portrush, a hole-in-one to occur and for Rory McIlroy to finish outside the top 10 at the tournament.
“I did not miss a ball of the action over the four days at Royal Portrush. I love golf so to win such a huge amount of money on the Open Championship is beyond my wildest dreams,” said the Smart Series winner, who wishes to remain anonymous.
“The first thing I am going to do with the money is treat my sister to a motorbike for her 60th birthday. I am sure there will be plenty of money leftover after that so I am going to have a nice holiday somewhere, maybe even a golfing break,” added the winner.
Coral’s Smart Money Series returns for the Ebor Festival at York next month, while the bookmaker will also be offering the free-to-enter game ahead of the Rugby World Cup and over the Christmas period.
“We are committed to giving away £1 million this year across our Smart Money Series. We are thrilled for our latest winner who scooped the full £100,000 prize at the Open. It is clear from speaking to him that he is a huge golf fan and he has used his knowledge of the sport to help himself land life-changing money,” said Coral’s PR manager, John Hill.
“The Smart Money Series will return at the Ebor Festival at York which is one of the highlights of the summer Flat calendar in horse racing and once again, £100,000 will be up for grabs,” added Hill.
**Open Championship Smart Money Series – questions and correct answers
- Where will the winner come from? Europe
- Where will the First round leader come from? USA
- Will there be a hole in one? Yes
- Will Brooks Koepka finish in the Top 10 (inc ties)? Yes
- Will Rory Mcllroy finish in the Top 10 (inc ties)? No
- How many Amateurs will make the cut? 0
- Will US open winner, Gary Woodland, be in the Top 20 (inc ties) going into round 4? No
- What will be the lowest score of the week? (for 18 holes) 63 or better
- What will be the worst score on any hole? 10+
- Will there be a playoff? No